REVIEW – A few weeks ago, I tested and reviewed the Depstech DS350 Dual-Lens Endoscope. I enjoyed using it and it was helpful with some of my tasks including looking inside wiring conduits and printers, etc. Imagine my joy when they sent yet another model for me to test and review. This time it is the Depstech DS600 Dual Lens Borescope, 1080P Handheld Endoscope Camera with light.
What is it?
The Depstech DS600 Dual Lens Borescope, 1080P Handheld Endoscope Camera with light is an inspection Camera featuring a 4.3″ screen, dual split-screen recording, a 7.9mm Scope Camera, and a detachable gooseneck cable. Accessories included: a sturdy case and a，32GB micro SD Card
What’s in the box
1 x Depstech DS600 Dual Lens Borescope, 1080P Handheld Endoscope Camera with light
1 x 9.8ft Metal Gooseneck Cable
1 x 32GB micro SD Card
1 x Handheld Case
1 x USB Charging Cable
1 x Hook
1 x Magnet
1 x User Manual
Design and features
- Dual lens endoscope with Split-Screen View: Dual HD camera design allows you to see the frontways, sideways. And the Dual Split-Screen Recording feature brings you the front and side views at the same time. Long hold the [Camera | + Sign] button to fast switch these three viewing modes. The front camera focal range is 3-8cm / 1.2-3.1in and the side camera is 2-6cm / 0.8-2.4in.
- Color Screen & Ergonomic Handle: 4.3 inches color screen brings a clearer and broader view to help you troubleshoot more effectively. A comfortable one-hand grip provides steady control while guiding the inspection camera through tight space. Easy-operated endoscope camera. Insert the snake camera cable, and simply turn it on to use. No wifi, phone, or any APP is required.
- 3rd Generation Chip, Faster Image transmission: DEPSTECH Handheld Endoscope DS600 adopts the 3rd CMOS chip which provides smoother image transmission and video recording. Greatly improved the delay issue. 1080p HD scope camera with Bluart 2.0 tech brings you a clearer view and vivid details on each inspection. Built-in 32G TF Card, easily transfer files to your device via USB CABLE!
- Upgraded Metal Gooseneck inspection Camera: The industrial borescope adopted with High-quality Metal Gooseneck Cable for better control. 9.8ft long and won’t get in the way. So you can easily manipulate the scope camera to reach the target position accurately. Flexible Removable Design, easy to store. The included hard handheld case provides great protection for the DS600 endoscope.
- Endoscope camera with light: 7 adjustable and bright LEDs illuminate dark spaces that help you see clearly even in dim light conditions， offering you sharp images without glare or shadow. IP67 waterproof camera only in 0.31-inch Diameter, useful for inspecting underwater areas, like sewers, drain pipes and toilets, etc, making it an ideal tool for plumbing applications. Build-in High Capacity Rechargeable Battery works up to 5 hours.
The Depstech DS600 Dual Lens Borescope, 1080P Handheld Endoscope Camera with light has a 4.3-inch screen on the front with the control buttons below it. On one side there is the power button and on the other side the USB port, micro Sd card port, and reset button. These are covered by a rubber flap. On the back, there is the connector for the removable 9.8ft metal gooseneck cable.
The first thing I did was use the USB cable to charge the Depstech DS600 Dual Lens Borescope.
Once charged, I connected the gooseneck cable and moved on to testing. Here are some of the display screens for the menu on the scope:
Here are some photos taken with the Depstech DS600 Dual Lens Borescope, 1080P Handheld Endoscope Camera with light:
This next one is a dual split screen image:
Here is a video of me playing around with this Depstech DS600 Dual Lens Borescope, 1080P Handheld Endoscope Camera with light under the hood of my truck. I was also using the light in dark places:
What I like
- The design and build quality
- The flexibility of the gooseneck cable makes it easy to put in position and have it remain when you place it
- The image quality it produces
- The light
- The removable gooseneck cable
- The removable micro SD card
- The nice carrying case
What I’d change
I really like the Depstech DS600 Dual Lens Borescope, 1080P Handheld Endoscope Camera with light. It provides clear images both for photos and video, and the gooseneck cable really has the right amount of flex and rigidity. This is a good scope that can be used for numerous relevant applications.
Where to buy: Amazon
Source: The sample for this review was provided by Depstech.